Guitar Lessons are for Hong Kong residents only, although if you’re interested & live elsewhere we can Zoom or Skype
In my teaching I offer the following;
For Schools, Colleges, Universities
- A wide range of ensembles including Jazz Big Band, Jazz Combo, Rock/Contemporary Bands, Guitar Ensemble, Stage Band, Concert Band, String Ensembles, Ukulele Group.
- Experience with a broad range of syllabuses including HSC, VCE, AMEB (Australia), ANZCA (Australia, NZ & Asia), and GCSE (UK).
- History/Listening and Music Appreciation, Music Theory (Classical, Jazz, Contemporary).
- Classroom teaching (small to large groups) or Instrumental teaching (individual or small groups).
- Improvisation classes/workshops (small to medium size groups, all instruments).
- My specialty is Jazz, Blues, Funk, Soul, Rock – but I have had extensive experience & success helping students to progress further down the track in most styles. e.g. Classical, Folk, Country, Heavy, Reggae, Latin, Fusion, just about anything (I’m not into shredding though, please go elsewhere if that’s your thing!)
- A broad range of approaches can be taken to best suit the needs of the student: learning how to read (melodies & chord charts), learning how to play “by ear” and play what you hear, working out songs or solos, improvisation, rhythmic techniques & devices, picking/fingerpicking techniques, composing, arranging techniques, studying chord/scale relationships, left & right hand techniques, chord melodies, counterpoint, exams. Or, maybe you just want to have some fun and play songs, which is fine too!